Tuesday, May 1, 2012

OK, I'm on my last day here and I want to eat Cuban food and I want to see and photo a gator...
I did find a good Cuban restaurant that was "modest" in price and had home cooking. I took the daily special Rabo Encendido, with plantains and rice. Most likely the the Ox Tail was a bit fattier than what I should be eating and fried Plantains are! Oh well, until I get to Cuba for their Jazz festival this will have to do.

I then waited to see if it was going to rain again, it was cloudy windy and very questionable all day but no rain so I decided to venture out, I took a state highway that went through the everglades hoping to find my gator for a photo op... no luck... but I saw air  boats and a lot of swampland! And I do mean a lot. I got my second flat in Florida, my first was on my first ride there at the beginning of March, second at the end of my stay at the beginning of May. Their roads are not really cyclist friendly. ON THAT note. I saw the Weston cycling club out riding... Idiots taking up TWO lanes on a state highway and had 10 cars backed up... come on guys most drivers hate us when we behave... and that just gives them all the more reason to hate us.


No comments: