Thursday, March 24, 2011

Bike Packing



One day and counting. My friend Rob has gratefully loaned me his bike box and we packed it at his house last night. I've opened it to take a photo for my blog and my lacking memory so it can make it home packed the same way. And as I'm packing Miss Eli Mai had to approve of the bike box.

Even keeping it all to a minimum cycling stuff takes up a lot of space and since its early spring I've got a few extra's that I would not normally need. Jackets, long-sleeve jersey, under shirts, knee warmers, booties... the list goes on, one whole extra bag! My shoes had to go into the bike box instead of the suite case. To top it all off I've got big ol' 35mm tires to handle the Pavé through the Arenberg Forest, whew! Summer road riding easier... I'd hate to have to pack a mountain bike.

No comments: