Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Hell of the North


Today we rode some more sections of the Paris Roubaix. One in particular was dirt mud and some chunks of granite... Insane thinking pros do this stuff at 40+ kms/hr. We hit them a fair clip. one section I dropped my chain and went to the ditch which is the best option... Not going down's the best. My Roubaix sox now have P2R mud stained on them "what a shame". Unfortunately one or two things will happen with the bruises one they will heal before I get home or worst home will be so damn cold I'll be wearing tights and no one will ever see.

Our ride was an out and back we back tracked the course and then followed the way the race really goes.

Worst thing is Peter found that his bike's head tube's cracked... mind you it could be from last nights venture to the Roubaix Velodrome at break neck speeds. So when I leave my Major Jake's getting an extended stay in France as I'll leave it for Pete to ride. We just found out that the "crack" is tape and the headset seems to be loose so Pete's in love with everyone...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, boy. Don't those legs look gorgeous. You could be a bike shorts model. I agree those pros are plain "nuts" to ride it. I feel my bike getting all clunky by just looking at that stuff. You are doing an amazing job with the blog. It is such a fun to follow. Great stuff. Thanks Dave. Greg