Sunday, March 11, 2012

On the road in Florida

I am on the road again working for IKEA's subcontractor ALS (my friend Robert), and we are in Florida for two weeks. Not all is as well as one would like, I got out Monday and in the process of the ride I got a tore up flat 20 kms (12 miles) away... on a deserted road, UGH... the tube was just shredded and I did not have enough patches for it, then my spare was rotten (I don't get flats often), after walking in cycling shoes for a mile a couple came upon me and offered me a ride once I got to the park entrance, one more mile.

Many thanks to that couple for a ride home, in which they took no pay and were assured that one day God would bless them when they were stranded.

The rest of the week was pouring rain... along comes Saturday and Robert and I found a good ride, but it's a very fast ride... this is my first ride outside for the year, and it was fast. Like the silly boy I am, I took two turns on the front and made two bridges the last one once I caught up to the lead, I knew I should not have. The speed surged again and POP out the back I went. That was just fine it was too hard for a first ride and I was on the rivet and not getting much recovery, so I got a good long ride at a pace that I enjoyed. Next week just sit in and enjoy the ride.

Saturday night we made Fajitas and got the Hot tube fired up with come cold beer... Recovery does not get much better than that!

No comments: