Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My First Post

This season in Cyclo-Cross has come on furious. I have trained for several years, having to try and over come my Rodie till I die life.

My original goals were to race M3 and earn my way to M2. My riding buddies talked me into upgrading to M2 before the season started. I got third in my first race. So I had hit my summer goals a month early. I then re-evaluated my goals and have set new goals for this season.

Goal 1: Remain Constant in my placings (i.e., with-in three or four places)
Goal 2: Time and Money permitting placing in the over all points category for M2
Goal 3: Win the M2 proventials. On this I'm not sure. If one and two hold out, I think I may get bumped up into M1 (I think I'm old enough I don't have to go M1, but not sure), which then I will have to rewrite my goals.

Second race, was at Hamilton, again I did not start well, but powered through he crowd. There were a few more technical bits and I had to keep beating back the MTB'ers. I was with the "main group of 2-8th, and hit and apple with three laps to go. I then picked off two of the riders and finished 6th

No comments: