Monday, April 20, 2009

Paris to Ancaster



We had a COLD & WINDY ride. I had on three layers on top and my leg mojo to keep them warm. I ended up getting bumped back 20 (121/1315) places from last year overall, and then remained the same place in my age group which is 33/361. With that I did finish with or ahead of my fellwo M2 category crossers and rodies. Lots of new young bucks I guess. I love cross but I sure rode the mud sections poorly. That being said, I had not ridden off-road since my broken collar bone last fall, and I did not set up the bike for riding the race till Thursday night.

My good training buddy Greg is just behind me there in the blue. We converted his road bike to handle the course, he ended up getting stuck in the mud toward the end; but I think I've convinced him that he should get a cross bike and possibly do some racing this year.

Well, a friend sent me a connection to a video of the 2008 P2A at the Powerline mudslide, I'm at 3:23. It was muddier this year and I had a nice little endo going down.

BTW this morning started off with Cyclo-ZEN 30' Recovery Yoga so I could get some of that stiffness out of my body.

4 comments:

Jon P said...

Great time, those were tough conditions especially with the wind and extra off-road stuff. I was a fair bit behind you, in 429th place, but improved on last year and can't wait for 2010! :)

CQ said...

Great video! I love the sounds. Looks like insane/scary/fun! Did you have to just hold the breaks the whole way down and just slip-n-slide it?

Tightwads of PDX! said...

Texastutt--
Welcome back to the world of road racing! Sounds like you're having a blast with your comeback. Amazing to think you were reluctant to start blogging... you've done an incredible job with this!

Red Baron said...

Doing my first P2A this year and would like to get some advice from a seasoned cyclist. Could you drop me and email?

paz(at)cogeco(dot)ca

Thanks

Geno