Sunday, April 26, 2009

Getting Ready for the next Race

I began Monday a.m. Cyclo-ZEN 30' Recovery Yoga to get the stiffness out of the Paris to Ancaster mud, and final 2.5km feared "climb".

Tuesday morning I started the day with SPEED-Ab Blaster (I always do this at least once a week) and as the day cleared I tossed out my trainer ride and did 4x z4 Sydenham Hill (8'). Whew.

Thursday a.m. I began the day with 3x ZEN 8' Power Routine, and finished off the morning with IN 5' Loose. Then in the evening I was going to do SPIN class #7 that night but it was warm and nice and I fired up the BBQ and had Steak, potatoes, green Beans and a BEER (YUMMY)

Friday Morning I knew I wanted that SPIN Class #7 under my belt and did it. NOW so far this week I've not felt tired and have slept well and recovered well.

So Saturday morning was planned a group ride and these tend to be "moderate" Phtt. not this morning, the weather was warm (first day w/o arm warmers, wooly booly's, beanie or anything else to keep me warm. But the WIND. I pounded the peddles... we lost two, and on the way back with a tail wind my friend had to have me give a 5' breather so everyone could recover... I came home and realized I was tired! I did a myofacial release that night and this morning I still woke up stiff and did my ZEN 30' Recovery Yoga. Tomorrow's off the bike, just abs work, then on again Tuesday!

2 comments:

TiGirl said...

Right on! You totally rock..sounds like a great week...and next time you fire up the BBQ...what time should I be there? HA!

TiGirl said...

Thanks for the encouraging words on my blog! Hope you're having a great week.