Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Le Tour

I've been busy watching the Tour, and I've come to the conclusion that I could make one stage with the pelaton IF (and a big IF) I had two days rest before and a week recovery afterward.

They have been showing the power output and HR on the climbs. I have figured that I could do what they have, sitting in the pelaton, not doing any work. BUT these guys are doing day in and day out. So don't look for me to be in the pro pelaton anytime soon... Darn my hopes of a come back are shot.

On a more realistic note, the Provencal road race is this Sunday. It would appear the finish is down hill, but I think that it will finish fragmented, and I can stay up towards the front. The big concern is the weather, rain and thunderstorms are in the forecast. This summer if there has been a rain forecast it has rained. Riding with buddies in the rain is good, as you almost have every move they will do memorized, racing with a bunch of older guys, in the pouring rain stoked on watching the Tour for three weeks... Priceless. I have a lot of reserve on racing in such a race... especially after some of those pro's have taken nasty spills.

No comments: