Saturday, February 5, 2011

Suffering to the Sufferfest

Today's work out was my second week, of my second month of off-season training. So I wanted it to be difficult, I did my floor workouts in the morning while I did the laundry... I'll be sore from those! Then I put myself through "Downward Spiral" from the Sufferfest. I have the software which came with my bike computer but it's pretty basic so I've been recording all my workouts on MapMyRide and the amount of info in the computer is revealed... its much better and when it's a road ride and mapped I can see the climbs and know what's a CAT 5... pretty cool!

The "Brantford Boys (and Girls)" were out in -10°C and I just could not, I'll work in the cold but come the weekend I want to be fairly warm. I have moved my "Pain Chamber" out to the unheated sunroom but it has no wind and it is usually much warmer than outside, and after 60 minutes I can warm it up a bit. Last year I did not have an off-season training I just could not get into it, and I kind of sort of rode myself into shape. This year's going to be better I've got my off-season planed out and I am now at my halfway mark.

This year I need to remind myself why I ride, which is 1 Cor 9:24-27 which is the stem cap on my road bike, and I'm thinking of getting one for my cross bike to keep it foremost in my mind. I ride to win The Prize!

No comments: