Friday, June 8, 2012

A Fantastic Day for a Ride

We had some time today, not much to do, therefore I mapped out a 96 km ride. Part of the ride ended up being big chip and no tar (or I did not see it), but at the risk of saving tires we took a detour along the bike trail which was the mule trail for pulling barges up and down the C&O canal system. Here we actually saw some cyclist out riding, it was very quiet and shady. We also went past an abandoned Ferry crossing used by the Union and the Confederates, and I also found out that Poolesville had a few confederate son's and a few skirmishes around the area to me this is all pretty cool as I studied Civil war history in University.

Not to mention today was as about as nice of a day as cyclist could ask for, if only the cars were off the road it would have been better.







No comments: