Saturday, June 9, 2012

Out meeting people

Today's intention was a recovery ride, after two harder days in the saddle. So I headed out my normal route, and saw a rider who was going about the pace I wanted for the day. I caught up with him and introduced myself. It was nice riding with an avid cyclist about the same age. Bob and I were able to talk about work, families and cycling. Quite refreshing after being around two 24 year-olds for the last three weeks!

While traveling one forgets how nice it is to have a riding "buddy", and how much you miss all the "homies", that's you  "Brantford Boys and Girls".

Bob was out for about a 2 hour ride, and I was able to get on some roads that I had not been on before, and figured out the roads that I had gotten lost on last Saturday. This was a very good day to get out and enjoy the day between having company on a ride, talking about life at a level my age group is interested, it just made it better. I wish I had run into him last week, as he was telling me how to get down into Washington the "easy way" on a bike. With that information I could have ridden into D.C. and seen the sights but that would have prevented me from enjoying the day with Ben and Cam. Hopefully we can get another ride in when I'm back in the area.


No comments: