Thursday, June 21, 2012

Old College Mates....

One of my dorm/house mates from LeTourneau University showed up on my doorstep Monday night. He's traveling around North America for two months, I'm one of the lucky people on his list. We were both in the DSP or Delta Sigma Si. and from there I went off to Texas A&M, but funny thing is most of my contacts of that era are still LeTourneau friends. 

John and his wife Donna showed up in Brantford Monday night and we had a nice visit. I had just rolled up to my house from a ride with my local friend Greg as they drove up in their van. The evening was just cooling off and we were able to sit in the back yard and catch up, as the dogs showed off in the grass. The next day I had work that had to be done, so we planed for a 3:00 bike ride to Port Dover and have supper. The "girls" did a quick tour of Brantford and walked around Port Dover looking at the shops. The Dover run is a pretty straight and flat run with, 4 "hills" and John's not too fond of hills so he was keeping me accountable to the hills... there a few "false flats" along the way too. Any how to Texas boys rode in the heat and has a good 50 kms (30 mile) ride down to Calahan's Beach House for perch dinner. Sitting out on the back deck we could not have ordered up a nicer evening. The sun was not too hot by this time and as it wend down it cooled off very nicely. Very good seeing old college friends. 

Enjoy and have safe travels on the rest of your trip John.






No comments: