Sunday, February 17, 2013

A Busy Busy weekend.

I started my weekend by going on a bike ride Friday afternoon still looking for the Three Bears, to no avail. That was O.K. because I did not have as much time as I thought and I had also plotted new accesses passes over this "hill" behind me. Then went out for Indian curry, yummy. Early to bed.



Saturday a.m. time to Conquer the Three Bears, which were kind of anti-climactic, it was the climb after the three bears that was cool, winding and on back roads that I'll remember.




After this it's home for a shower and left-over lunch, then walk down to the BART station and head in San Francisco for the afternoon/evening. It seems every-time I get out of an underground it takes me a few minutes to figure where I am... no orientation underground and "tube" maps are not to scale. Just the same, at the base of Powell street is where the Trolley's are that go up to Bay street... HUGE line up, so I walked up to the next stop and caught this!




As you can see it's pretty open air and they are TINY! but pretty darn cool. I then got up to Bay street where I walked around Pier's 45 to the famous Pier 39... TONES of tourist and not really my cup of tea, but I saw Alcatraz, Sea lions and Buskers. 



Then back through town, stopping to relieve myself and off to China Town where I had a very inexpensive dinner and back on to the BART home again!

 And I did ALL that JUST so I could get my daughter this sweat shirt to add to her collection.


Sunday Morning I rode with Skye from the Emeryville store



I love it when you can climb and descend this easy from one's front door, We had a good ride, it got Skye out of his house and it allowed me an easier Sunday ride. After we finished the ride I went out for Brunch at Rick and Ann's which is a half km walk from my front door, and sat a a communal table and enjoyed a good talk with my table guests. Then back home to the car, first time needed this weekend! Off to explore Highway 1, which I know people who have ridden it, and I did see cyclist but, TOO many cars and fast motor cycles on it for my taste, and to note any serious cyclist when asked if it can be ridden say "it could but.." Point taken, there are enough other fine roads around here without cars that make this not worth riding.





Back to my Sunday Drive, I drove along the road, and it's a 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock drive for sure, keep both hands on the wheel. I drove out and past Stinson Beach, where the road turns inland a bit, and became much less scenic, and a lot less traffic... Stinson Beach is packed, so I decided to go in and see what it was all about, I walked on the beach and stopped at a restaurant and had some nachos and people watched a while before getting back in the car and heading back home. It was a very pretty drive and great to get to enjoy God's creation.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful opportunity to see San Francisco! Mon and I lived the month of March, 1961, in San Francisco. We spent long weekends see things in the area. Mon had a college roommate, Linda, who was living in Berkley and who went with us and helped us plan what to see. Things still look the same as they did then.
Love, Dad

Unknown said...

And I was born at the end of October 1961... I think my parents enjoyed San Francisco! and back at my "roots"