Wednesday, February 6, 2013

"spring training" in San Francisco

First off I know it's been a while, I missed writing about last fall's "wine tour" which was a BLAST, and a few other rides that were worth blogging.



I am in San Francisco doing the commercial lighting in IKEA stores here, and it's "cool" 60°F or 16°C, which when climbing I could just wear a jersey, on the decent... I needed my long sleeve fleece lined jersey, and then a wind vest when I got on the back side of the "hill" this is just beautiful country, the views are amazing and the photo does no justice to the view, it was into the sunset, on a hazy evening with a cell phone so there.

http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/230053712/

The climb is less then a half kilometer from where I'm staying so there was no warm-up other than the climb... jump in with both feet! After the climb and getting off course a few times, the amount of self discipline to stay on course once on Skyline is tough, I could spend hours up there it's just fantastic, but alas being on major road descending in the dark is not very wise and I now have a few grey hairs so that means I have wisdom. I did use that wisdom and stayed the course. I arrived "home" safe and sound (I'm glad I have my mega bright LED rear light). I then grabbed my sling, wallet and my lock and headed out to explore Berkeley (and buy a chicken to roast), I zipped around town, talked to a young couple, popped into a few stores, and then went to the "other" Berkeley Bowl and got my chicken. I just would like to point out it's nice to walk through a store in a cycling kit, with helmet on your head and no one looks at you like your odd... it's somewhat normal here... just sayin'

I am pretty darn sure that this area and the stay will bequeath a few more blog entries so stay tuned.

No comments: