Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekend Updates

Last weekend was Canadian Thanksgiving and very busy so I had no updates.
Last weekend I rode 80 kms with my friends on Saturday and felt well. Back hurt but each ride I've learned how to relax a little bit more. The sad part was a few of us are still in great shape and the crew is not in very good shape and there was an explosion of cursing. I get exempt because I have spend a lot of time pulling the people who pop off the back back on.
My friend who got the brunt of it (I was beside him and nothing was said to me), he's not been the most popular because he showed up in great shape. Something that's not popular in the group.
Any how He and I went out on Monday (Canadian Thanksgiving) and I still notice a lack of power from my shoulder and we went up the escarpment and I was way back, I'm usually infront, beside or just behind...
This weekend was the Ride for Refugees, and I was the "pro" of the group, I rode 100kms, left 1/2 hr after most started and passed them all and my average for the ride was z2 @ 30km/hr for 100.2 Kms. It was a great ride but I was tired afterward, and it dawned on me why...

In August I begin cutting back millage and increase intensity for CycloCross. This means a good effort on a 100kms ride with broken clavical, and two broken ribs is a fair bit of work.

No comments: