Saturday, February 14, 2009

Oh the Pain, don't ya love it.

OK I've cheated on Graeme! I've been doing the spin class and enjoying this off-season as much as sitting in the laundry room pounding yourself can be "enjoyable". Well, this Friday I opened my Road Bike Rider weekly newsletter, now I've not read it in a few weeks, Though I always like "Scott's Spin". But this week they introduced a site with video workouts for free. He does ask if you download and use his workouts buy a mug or a shirt. It's a lot of you-tube footage, and older recordings, well done to proper tempo music

The Sufferfest and yes he lives up to it. They do not replace Cyclo-SPIN as the cyclo-spin is not only work-out but a technique class too, it takes the off-season plan to the next level. Any way back to the Sufferfest, I started with video 3 as the guy does stuff on the roller, wow, I can ride sitting up but I've never tried to get out of the saddle. I got out my rollers and did the 55 minute work out, and I used all the visulizations used in the spin classes, Waggon wheels, shoe scraper, knee thruster, and popcorn, and one test of the bull-whip. Three exhales to two inhales breathing, and just pulling my head up or pulling my body straight to maximize my breathing (which if you try these "sufferfests" you will need to maximize your breathing).

OH, I'm toast I started the day off with In 5' Breath, then In 5' Warm, finished the workout with In 5' cool, and being smart I got my protien drink and came back and got out my roller and did the myofascial release, and boy did I need it! I did the Spin class 4 Tuesday and Spin Class 3 Thurday, I had other workouts but for streching ZEN Power yoga on Friday.

I'm going to look for a benafactor, as my bike is just wore out! The #$@ front derailur won't always shift up, and on rollers it's a PITA.

Forget Lance, Eddy rules!

2 comments:

TiGirl said...

Tex!

Wow...sounds like a great workout! Good for you! You know, I have that same shifting problem on my rollers, too. Hmmmm.

Can't wait to start trying to catch up to you on the workouts!

Aloha,
Kate

Unknown said...

Well, maybe its just the roller then. Are you having fun hosting Graeme? Wish I was there or in Texas or somewhere warmer!