Monday, February 23, 2009

One day its going to be warm

This winter is just giving more joy. Snow yesterday morning and COLD today. One of my riding buddies had a set of Aluminum milled rollers he does not use.... So next Saturday I'm going to tackle the Sufferfest 5 and I watched the whole thing last night... I was up a little later than I wanted, old school footage.

I have been enjoying the IN 5' series, as they can be pieced together and make a good 10' warm up and cool down. The Sufferfest does not teach you anything but pain... I know what I need in warm up and cool down. I then grabbed my foam roller afterward and worked out all the nasty bits.

There is HOPE of spring as I'm being asked by several of the gentry class who now have bought cross bikes and would like to race in the Paris to Ancaster Race this spring. This race has become HUGE, and it's a lot of fun. Here in Southern Ontario when you buy a cross bike you have to sign a waiver saying that once in the bikes life it will ride in the race... So when the trails melt, and turn to globs of mud, I'll take them on the 60km tour over a two week period. Most years it drys out by race day, but even up to the week before its a mess.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hear you! We've had a couple of scattered days in the 40s, always on a weekday, then the temp plummets again just in time for the weekend ride! I was out for a run this morning in a windchill of below zero!! As soon as I graduate, I'm moving to a warmer climate!
Charlotte