Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Time for a SPA

Triguru's been doing here Full spa treatment, and I thought of her this morning as was doing a quick PNF stretch and my IT band is SO tight.

I've been doing the Graeme's spin classes and yesterday I did the 8' Zen power routine through twice, and then Speed's ab workout. So I've not been pushing myself like I do in the spring through the fall, so why worry about tight IT bands and Myofacial Release? Well, I found out this morning! So tonight I'm going to do a Spin class (not sure which one, thinking #3) then pick up my daughter at dance and come back and make here do Strengthen the knees workout, which for a dance the studio don't have them streatch out those musles and the girls get knee sprains. So after that I'm doing the PNF and then the roller, not hot bath as there just won't be that time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you making your daughter do the Fix the Knees workout! You wouldn't believe how many young female dancers I saw in the sports med clinic last semester for knee and hip problems. You're right - you'd think the studios would include work for stretching and strengthening these areas. She'll appreciate it when her fellow dancers are tending injuries while she continues to do what she loves!

Charlotte

Unknown said...

Well, they do some stretching, but she looks like Coach Al when she goes down for the pigeon stretch. So we went through it on Sunday, and we will go through it tonight. BTW... I worked late and got bummed by the weather and have not visited my trainer.