Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Spin Whipped

Well, I did my month end books, met with my accountant and reviewed my Year end, And made a bogus trip to Toronto, thinking I was going to collect on a bad debt. So I was a wee bit stressed by the time I got home.

Cyclo-Spin 4! I did the 8' routine through twice and then Cyclo-SPEED Core this morning, and I had planed on blowing out anyhow, but after the stress of the day I ripped up the bike and my "cottage of wattage" is burned out... gone nada, just made it up the stairs... Which when spring comes (and we are getting teased this week), I'm going to be so ready to romp my friends.

I have been working on memorizing scripture, and I've started with 1 Corinthinans 9:24-27, now Paul refers to running not cycling (I'm a purest, I don't run), but still it has a great transfer for both the Christian walk and for training. I've posted the TPV (tuttle paraphrased version) before. I often get frustrated at "church" people who don't comit fully and do the "junk miles". Paul is calling on those people that it's just finishing but it is running to win. Serving God with everything. Study and pray till your Spiritual "cottage of wattage" is burned out, "can you feel it keep going, 5 more minutes"

 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26 Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. 27 No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

The Holy Bible : New International Version. 1996, c1984 (electronic ed.) (1 Co 9:24). Grand Rapids: Zondervan.

No comments: