Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Joy's of Winter

Well, we have just have had cold weather and it's not been fun at all. I've gotten out and walked the dogs but the side roads are getting encroached upon by the snow and ice so I really don't want to go outside.

Work is always a little slow at this time which sometimes is welcome but the collections from the kitchen company just wears one out.

Today my cycling buddy, who is a professional photographer, went and took photo's of one of my kitchens I have done (and a fireplace/audio unit I did 10 years ago in the same house) with plans to set up a website. It is always nice to impress people with your work AND to be impressed friends professionalism... NOW I don't know if its cycling or I'm just lucky, but I'm constantly amazed at the level of many of the people I've ridden with over the years. From entomologist, orthopedic surgeons, lighting professionals, ex-tennis pros to photographers. (and I'm a obsessive perfectionist at my work too). It is always good to watch a professional work. When I get my website set up I'll post it.

As far as training goes, I got cyclo-SPIN 1 w/ Cyclo-SPEED abs, on Tuesday a.m. and spent the rest of the day in front of the T.V. watching the inauguration, something I'll remember the rest of my life. I finally got into a live class tomorrow morning and I'm looking forward to it (I have an Electrical Inspection on one of my sites tomorrow too, which I hope is after lunch...).

Now with work picking up slowly and being out and about once again the fridge and stove are not right there, and I have to say that one thing I was pretty good at and have improved on vastly since Cyclo-FUEL is Graeme's term of Preparedness (its on the CD in cyclo-CORE or ZEN). I had to quickly pack my snacks and lunch today as I'd gotten out of the habit the last month. Whew! Eat Right Eat fresh, Eat the perimeter of the store. I really liked what our "Blessed" rider had to say in her blog: This time it's not me...

Onto other training things, my dancing daughter "popped" her knee again! I was going to make her do Fix the Knees and got light bands, and there was a bit of resistance because it was not dance. Well, now she's downstairs with Ice on it, and when it gets well, "Fix the Knees" for dancers, I used it when I needed to get a little lateral strength last year and have not had much problem since... so much of the Cyclo-Club stuff has cross applications, such as the Yoga, Core workouts (good for construction work), etc. NOT to mention it lets me beat the crap out of everyone on the road, and in cross. Not that I'm competitive at all.... LOL

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I cant wait to see the pictures of your work. I was playing carpenter's assistant these last few weekend helping redo my boyfriend's bedroom from ripping up the old floor, replacing beams, and re-sheetrocking. I thought of you a few times during that process :). Man-that's the workouts you've written about. BF's an architect by profession and has been remodeling his house for a few years, little bit at a time. I learned a lot when he was doing his kitchen.

Really enjoy keeping up with you!
~ride blessed