Saturday, January 24, 2009

Spin 5

Well, I did not make the live class... The building inspector had to turn his day around and so I had to run off and get the final electrical inspection done on one of my reno's. I will post some photos of my work. The photo shoot on Thursday won't be available to me as my friend is doing this one free and so he' s fitting me in and he's an obsessive compulsive. Takes one to know one.

Back to the Spin 5, in came to it thinking it was just to be z4 workouts so I did not get out of it what I should have. Plus when I do z4's I usually have to do a few warm ups and a 3-4 minute z4 or just do it on a good hill. So the first it took me forever to get up to z4 (4 minutes) and then I maintained at the upper middle once I was there. I could have pushed up to z4-z5 boarder... Just to prove it takes me time to warm up, second time I got up in the same zone in 1 minute and maintained until the end when I started to drift up (which I know happens to maintain the same power output). I also recover down to z1 in about 1:30 so I'm in good shape, but what a Blockhead I am... I did not realize it was to be a LT test, I've done these but quite different. So I'll have to try it again.

Once I finished I wiped down my bike, and if you want a hint how to wash your bike when its - whatever fridged temperature it is... I use Armor-all Cleaning wipes... I use them in the summer after longer rides just to get the road grit and sweat salt off my bike. I also use Lysol on all my mats and stability ball.

Added note: I got out with the dogs this afternoon, nice and sunny but COLD. I know some people run and ride in this but the wind made my face numb, dogs had a great time. BTW no cycling names for my dogs: Sandy Victoria (3 yr.old. yellow-red lab), Eli-Maiheim (1 yr old. collie-shepherd), Mr Darcey (6 mo. Old, black-brown lab). Just FYI.

No comments: