Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Spin and Food

Well, I can not get in the live spin classes... some I'm working or have to pick my daughter up from her dance.... So I was disappointed that I did not get in the Saturday class, that's when I ride 9:00am EST in the winter.

Well, it turns out it was probably for the best. My LBS owner had a pair of Sidi's Top of the line and wore them 5 or six times and now I have them and he has the absolute latest style. I have bought a pair of Ultegra pedals. Well, the shoes needed fine adjustment and this workout was off the bike, on the bike, off the bike, on the bike off the bike and I was able to pause Graeme and adjust my shoes and cleats to my liking. I would like to get Paul Swifts Bike fit kit and "sub-contract" out to bike shops. I still had some big meats, which I did not know are v1.0 of his cleat wedges, the cool orthopedics my LBS owner gave me are really nice... Can't wait to see how my feet feel on the first outdoor slam your buddies ride.

ONTO the spin class, These things are great, I can spend all winter in the basement on the trainer just by the motivation that I will ride like a bad boy early on in the season. I DO NOT have that much fun, but these spin classes are a blast... I'm also going to brag here, I've been keeping up the Core and Back workouts as I figured out as soon as I started in 2004 it makes a huge difference when I'm working. So Two days later, I can feel my Bum (or Glutes) and lower back but there is no great pain. To ensure I was blown away an would take today off, I did my Cyclo-SPIN Core work out followed by On-the-Go Core work out, and In-5' Back yesterday morning. In my sick little mind I'm half tempted to repete this tomorrow and Thursday so I'm recouped for a Ride/workout Saturday (at the rate the weather's going it'll be a workout).

ON FOOD: I spent 2 hours in the Grocery store reading labels... Soy is in everything. Hemp milk is twice the price of almond milk and it would be out of my budget so I'm going for the almond milk for now (I don't like rice milk). I picked up the Vega "meal replacement" shake, to give a soy free and vegetarian. I have a Whey protein which is Soy free and is sweetened by Stevia. I still don't see how the body can build itself back up w/o animal proteins. But I sure like some of the recipes in The Thrive Diet and if I could pass no meat past my family I would follow the diet, supplemented by Whey protein to be safe. They would rebel! so I'll pass off lentil soup pea soup and a few other things which are palatable to my family. Eva's Lentil Crock Stew was a winner.

Well, it's time I get my sore abs and butt to work.

No comments: