Sunday, March 8, 2009

A change is a coming


I just made my first "formal" training plan for the new season.

This week is going to be a Fat Loss week. I went to the boot camp Advanced and its "kicked up a notch" from the Cyclo-FUEL plan. Food still the same. I should have expected this when Graeme said the Spin #5 would make a great day 1 workout, and since I did not understand that it was to be the upper end of z4 not a z4 "training" class I haven't gotten a good maker yet. Tomorrow morning, first thing after doggies been fed. The labs will behave I hope Miss Mai (Elli-Maihem) will. See above when she got in the garden last summer. Back to training... This will lead up to the Following week beginning Build.

All that in anticipation of the Paris to Ancaster which is more than a month away. I have set my goal very high in lew of last falls success in Cross (san broken bones), and I'm feeling what Cyclindad felt this morning already. I was 109th with the wrong gearing and a slow start, I had to run the whole of the final hill (not good it is ridable, especially with the new 11-32 cassette I have. and slow running for me). My goal is to get into the top 50 that's 10 minutes off of last years time, no mistakes, no mechanicals, and a better mindset than what I have today...

No comments: