Saturday, March 7, 2009

You CAN NOT do a recovery ride with the "Guys"

Second day outside riding. Yesterday Greg and I went in the afternoon, sun cool but still nice. When I ride with him, he's just happy to be on the bike, kindred spirit there. So I was able to pace myself up the rollers rather than pound them. He's going to be a force to recon with this summer, he was smoooooth going up the hills.

Today was the first coffee shop ride with the "Brantford Boys." Ah... Ed N. I know better, but I started out keeping up and then told my self, NO NO NO, the Paris to Ancaster is far more important than being up front "where I belong" so I dropped two zones and flew off the back, and did quite nice. The irony is a was not much more than a minute behind the guys back to the coffee shop.

Now in November, I got a pair of Ironclad Cold Condition Gloves from Cyclo-Club and Josh. Yester day it was +14°C and the gloves were good, and comfortable. Today it was +3°C and I have come to the conclusion that an Origon Winter is a lot warmer than a Southern Ontario Spring. My hands were sore, I was cursing, they hurt so bad (they still hurt). Now in the fall at +3°C they would be great, but the grounds still frozen and ice is still in the woods so the wind is cold plus it was wet out there today.

4 comments:

TiGirl said...

HI ya Tex!!!

Hey..sounds like things are good...though cold. Now, don't laugh, it's cold here, too. But then again, cold here is 68F. I'm still in tights and armwarmers and windbreaker, though. I think I would die if I had to be in that cold weather like you!

Hey, personal stuff...do you do design plans? We are going to be building an addition on to our house for my parents to come live with us...looking for a designer to do some drawings. Just curious if you do that or not. Would rather give business to someone I know/trust (even though online is dicey at best) You seem like an up and up kinda guy.

Ride with Passion,
Kate

Unknown said...

I can design but you would need a certified State of Hawaii Engineers stamp. Most engineers like to do their own drawings, mine trusts my drawings, but his draftsman still has to copy the drawings on to their title block with both of their citified stamps.

The reason I don't have a Certified stamp is it's a 36 hour course, and I just don't have the time. But still again mine would only be for the province of Ontario.

Unknown said...

One other thought is if it's the kitchen design. That does not need no certified, at least here in Ontario anyone can build.

Remember I quoted Celsius, 14°C = 57°F. but our ground is still frozen and that wind is cold... 68 would depend. I've acclimated (to a point) to this weather so in the early spring, I would be dressed as you are, in the summer evenings I would be in shorts, jersey and probably an undershirt. I don't go w/o and undershirt till it gets in the upper 80's and the guys make fun of me... but when its in the 90's I romp them all young and old a like... they can't handle the heat. I rode in Texas in August, ask Ride Blessed... that's HOT.

TiGirl said...

Thanks, Tex. Yeah, it's more than a kitchen remodel....

I've got the design I want on paper, now I just have to find someone to draw it up, get it signed off and permitted, and then build it!!!