Sunday, November 9, 2008

Drywall, and Tarmac

Well, this week was a Cyclo-FUEL Fat loss week. I had to make some modifications because my work requires so much energy I lived off of the coffee mocha protein drink. I got addicted to these this summer would not leave for work w/o one. Last time I did the Fat loss week I was so weak on Thursday I could not get my work done. So I ate apples and drank mocha's... This was one hell of a week w/ all the drywall up and plastered and sanded ready for painting by Friday afternoon. 3000 sq ft of space. The drywall was not over the whole area... I'm good but not that good, just patching. I did my core workouts on Monday and was hoping on Tuesday to get a Cyclo-CLIMB in the morning, but the dogs would not let me... same as kids "passion to ride" The Thursday night booster meal always makes me loopy a little buzzed better than coffee, and I had trouble sleeping that night. Ya know the system works. Next week we start Off season. I also have to admit I over did it with the drywall, and Friday morning the Orthopaedic Surgeon gave me what for as I should be further along in my healing. Well, let me tell you my arm hurts like HELL. My work is hard when I do drywall or demo, and I don't try to do workouts... But a good job pays a lot of bills.

My buddy and I went riding yesterday "easy" to the Bike shop to look a cross bike for him and I was just going to gawk at a new road bike (mine is 18 years old steel/8 speed). I rode a Tarmac w/ 105 and I took off on a sprint with my cross shoes on flat pedals, not clicked in.... WOW, my friend says he's not going to ride with me if I get the bike... One kitchen company has not paid me for 3 kitchens and 4 bathrooms. And I owe a couple of my sub trades on another job, so if everyone gets paid... The ride home there was a 35 km/hr head wind and rain, and we worked back it was a good ride home, its November in Canada, and we were out riding, makes getting home to a cup of hot coffee and a hot shower all the better.

After all this week I did my Zen 30' recovery Yoga... and realized next time I work a week that hard, I need to at least get some of the stretching programs done in the a.m. If I treat a hard week as workouts, I should recover from them the same way.

1 comment:

TiGirl said...

Wow...what a week! Good approach to the hard work week...recovery is a good thing!

Thanks for the ideas with the kids.

Take it easy.