Saturday, November 1, 2008

Cyclist all around and no one to ride...

Well, I went out to ride on my road bike with the "guys" in 9°C (for Americans 45). They are usually a little slower than I am, even with my handicap. Well, they showed up on cross bikes and wanted to ride the trails, SLOOOOWLY.

I mean really; I trimmed a living room and dinning room Monday, installed a kitchen Tuesday, Waited on Dumpsters, electricians, HVAC guys, and the fire alarm guys on Wednesday, then went and did a small project and then on Thursday and Friday I had a crew of four and tore out one 20 yard dumpster of drywall etc, and a 16 yard of metal studs. So I was a little tired today (and BTW I did not get a ride in this week, did abs on Monday).

All that to say is how slow can you ride in the "off-season," when its still nice and enjoy it? My regular buddy is running around his son and the others are still racing cross (bastards). I don't want to begin my off season training yet because it won't work with a Canadian winter for another couple of weeks and the Transision Plan Coach Al made just does not really float my boat. I can just ride but that plan does not "click" with me. The off season plan does, but now my worry is I'm getting so busy with my work (which is good), but not busy enough to hire a "lackie". And then did I mention the Beer... I like my beer but I liked it too much this week working so hard, excpt Friday, I only had one... much better.

Well, this one turned into more of a rant, but I think it's allowed in Blogs. Now off to try and get my daughter to do her homework...

1 comment:

TiGirl said...

If you figure out how to get your daughter to do her homework, share the secret!!!

Yeah, it's ok to rant..no worries.